Communique on the Coronavirus
We are a few weeks before the start of a new adventure and sports party. From the organization of Volcano UltraMarathon Costa Rica and its events Volcano100millas, VolcanoTrailMarathon, we are going to detail all the relevant information to the world events that are being lived because of the Coronavirus COVID19.
- Alerts in Costa Rica, there are NO alerts. Source: https://www.ministeriodesalud.go.cr/index.php/alertas/alertas-sanitarias/internacionales
- International traffic: restrictions are NOT recommended. Source: WHO on international travel.
Costa Rica, like the rest of the surrounding countries, does not have health alerts activated, but recommendations.
Volcano UltraMarathon CostaRica is in constant contact with the competent authorities, both health, sports and tourism of the country, for monitoring the evolution of the COVID-19 virus, for the implementation of all its recommendations and protocols.
What can happen upon arrival at the airport? The Costa Rican airport authorities have established a passenger control protocol upon arrival at their airports. In the cases that the authorities estimate, you can be subjected to temperature measurement, the control is random or by their decision, so do not be alarmed upon arrival. You can also take into account if you have been in risk areas when checking your passports.
Top recommendations and actions for your participation in Volcano UltraMathon
If you have recently returned from some of the risk areas or have been in contact – distance less than 2 meters – with a probable or confirmed case of coronavirus (family members or people who have other similar physical contact), you should monitor the appearance of possible symptoms within 14 days of the return trip or from contact with an infected person.
- Handwashing: Volcano UltraMarathon incorporates hand gel for general use.
- It will not allow direct contact with farm animals or wild animals, living or dead.
- Volcano UltraMarathon Costa Rica has established the individual use of tents for both runners and organizations.
IMPORTANT: Volcano UltraMarathon Costa Rica is listed as a non-massive sporting event, this allows us a more private movement of our actions, always complying with the established sanitary recommendations. Volcano UltraMarathon CostaRica is following the recommendations of the Costa Rican Ministry of Health. Our main priority is the health and well-being of all our athletes and staff components.