Each competitor must sign to accept these terms and conditions before being able to start the Volcano Ultra Marathon. Each competitor must complete and return the obligatory forms, as specified by the organisation, including emergency contact information, insurance details, medical information and a medical document signed by a doctor.
- I am aware of the rules and regulations of the Volcano Ultra Marathon.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to be aware of the potentially new environment in which I am running / walking.
- I am fully aware that participating in the Volcano Ultra Marathon carries the potential risk of injury.
- I fully accept that participating in the Volcano Ultra Marathon may involve potential risks including, among others: dehydration, hyponatraemia, sun/heat stroke, exhaustion, obstructions, broken down vehicles, etc.; rejections, failure of communication methods, failure of personal equipment, risk of getting lost and the possibility of personal injury, mental trauma and death.
- I am aware that, although the organisers of the race have carried out a full risk assessment of the race and route, there may be additional risks or unforeseen circumstances not previously mentioned.
- I acknowledge and accept that the Volcano Ultra Marathon is takes place in remote locations, where it is unlikely that all of the daily comforts and conveniences that I am used to will be available. I acknowledge that I am expected to have skills for outdoor survival, such as familiarity with equipment for outdoor activities, backpacking, basic orienteering knowledge, including reading maps and compasses, and common sense.
- I hereby waive all rights to make any claim against the race organiser(s), the promoter and any promoter organisation(s) and their board of directors, owners of property, law enforcement agencies, all public bodies, special districts and properties (and their respective officers, officials and employees) through which the event is held, for any damage I may suffer by participating in and associating with the event, or travelling to or from the event.
- I understand that, during the course of this extreme race, situations and events may arise that may be out of the control of the race organisers, officials, medical volunteers and volunteers, and that if such a situation arises I must not continue, so as not to put myself or others at risk.
- I accept responsibility for the condition and suitability of my equipment.
- I acknowledge and accept that competing in the races will be physically demanding, and I am aware of the nature of the race and the fact that there are physical and medical risks associated with it. I accept that I am solely responsible for my own training and preparation for the race. By applying to compete in a race, I confirm that I am physically capable of competing in the race.
- To my knowledge, I do not have any physical or mental condition that could endanger me or others if I participate in this event, or that would interfere with my ability to participate in this event.
- I acknowledge and accept that I am responsible for obtaining and taking all of the necessary inoculations and medication (and that I have taken them in accordance with my doctor’s instructions) relevant to the country in which the race will take place. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to carry any personal medication I will require during the whole race. Beyond the above, the medical personnel will not be able to administer personal medication, nor be responsible for its failure, if any competitor is unable to carry their own medication.
- I accept and give permission to the medical personnel to take decisions on my medical care and treatment and, where necessary, authorise such care and treatment, in emergency situations. I understand that the personnel will make every reasonable effort, in the circumstances, to contact my emergency contact regarding my medical state if an emergency arises. I accept that if I get lost in the race, the personnel reserve the right to wait 24 hours before contacting my emergency contact, to allow time to obtain more information. After 24 hours, I accept that my emergency contact will be contacted, regardless of the information available.
- I acknowledge that the race operates in very remote areas of the country, which may not be compatible with local hospitals, and that the closest hospital transport may take several hours or more. Furthermore I recognise that the route may cross terrain in which emergency evacuation may be seriously delayed or, in some cases, may not be available.
- I accept, on behalf of myself and my successors, that the terms above are contractually binding, and are not mere considerations, and that if I or any of my successors file any complaint in contravention of this agreement, I or my successors shall be liable for the costs (including legal fees) incurred by the other party or parties in defence, unless the other party or parties are finally found liable for such claims due to wilful or careless negligence. This agreement may not be orally modified by any of the parties, and a renouncement of any of the provisions shall not be interpreted as a modification, or as consent to any other provision in this document or as consent to any renouncement subsequent to the modification.
- I agree to provide my own insurance coverage, including, but not limited to, medical, travel and evacuation coverage. I accept that my insurance shall be applicable for the country and race in which I am participating.
- The privacy of the participants and the data sent shall never be shared with external suppliers, except where the races are in association. The race associates will only have access to the application information of the race. By participating in the race, you accept that the information in your race application will be shared with our race associates.
Payment conditions, race fees, additional costs
- A non-refundable deposit of €1,000 must be paid upon registering for each race. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days before the start date of the race. If this payment is not received before the start of the race, Volcano Ultra Marathon has the right to retire the competitor from the race, and shall not be responsible for any costs resulting from this.
- We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer information with third parties.
- Payment flow: As soon as Volcano Ultra Marathon receives your race deposit, you will have a guaranteed place in the chosen event. The remaining balance of the event must be paid 60 days before the start of the race. Once the full payment is received, no refunds will be made for any element of the event.
- Volcano Ultra Marathon reserves the right to retract the offer of a place in the competition for any reason, and at any moment. In such circumstances, we fully refund the registration fee for the race in question.
- Volcano Ultra Marathon shall not be liable for any other related costs not indicated. This includes, among others, the cost of flights, hotels, insurance, visas, etc.
- Volcano Ultra Marathon shall not be liable for any additional costs incurred by a race participant. This includes, but is not limited to, cancelled or delayed flights, transfers outside of the established timetable, etc.
- Volcano Ultra Marathon reserves the right to:
- modify the format of the race; or
- change the dates of the race; or
- change the location of the race (within the planned country); or
- cancel the race at any moment before the official start date / time; or
- cancel the race after it has started.
- If we modify the race in accordance with section 7 above, we shall not be obliged to refund the registration fee for the race.
I understand and fully accept the potential risks involved in the race and I have carefully read, I understand, and I voluntarily accept the terms and condition of this exemption and waiver agreement. I agree to comply with the rules and conditions established for the event, and follow the instructions issued by the race organisers. I understand that circumstances outside of the control of the race organisers may cause the event to be modified, postponed or relocated. I accept that the organisers reserve the right to reject the entry of people it considers to have insufficient experience, or to disqualify those who do not follow the rules and conditions: ignorance is no excuse. I accept that my name, voice or image may be used by the race organisers.
Example of payment conditions
Example of payments:
Volcano Ultra Marathon
Cost of race = €2,250, minus the deposit of €1,000, leaves €1,250
If you select monthly instalments and register 10 months in advance, your monthly payments will be €125.