From the organization we have worked until the very last minute to guarantee the celebration of this great event, but due to the latest situation worldwide concerning the Covid19, and since the safety of all runners is a priority for us, we consider a must to submit to the recommended control measures. Depite our event is not considered to be a massive event, both the flight situation together with the recommendation of the Ministry of Health of Costa Rica and the OMS itself, lead us to make a decision.
Assuming all our responsibilities, the final decision has been to put off the 2nd edition of Volcano UltraMarathon Costa Rica The new dates for the event will be from December 7 to 17, 2020. The choice of these dates is not arbitrary but coincides with the summer in Costa Rica, when we trust that the crisis would be solved and the situation would be back to normal. We are totally aware of the inconveniences this decision may cause to the runners, but once again, their safety is our main concern and we consider this to be an act of responsability.
This new date will affect the three editions, namely: Ultra Version (from December 7 to 17), Trail version (Sunday, December 13th) and 100 Miles version (From December 11th to 17th).
From now on, we will be at the runners disposal to try to solve and clarify whatever the doubts, question, queries they may have as well as to try to facilitate as much as possible your presence in the new call.
We do appreciate your understanding and we will see each other again at the volcanoes very soon. We will keep you update in our media with regards to the new dates.